Here at Crout & O’Dell Orthodontics, we are here for you if you are having trouble brushing and flossing while wearing braces.
Good dental hygiene is still important when you have braces, though it can be a little harder to brush and floss your teeth. You need to maintain healthy teeth even when you have braces so that you can have a beautiful smile when your treatment is finished.
It is important to choose the right toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss to make the whole process go smoothly.
How To Brush Your Teeth While Wearing Braces
- Start by placing your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums.
- Using a circular motion, brush your teeth gently.
- Make sure that you brush all of the surfaces of each tooth, including the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces.
You should always use the tip of your brush when you brush the inner surface of your front teeth.
How To Floss Your Teeth While Wearing Braces
- Start with a section of floss that is about 18-inches long. Carefully thread it between the braces and wire. You may want to try a floss threader, which might be easier for you.
- Carefully floss around your braces.
- Next, carefully floss around your gums and then your teeth.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today at (304) 562-1000 (Hurricane) or (304) 736-4440 (Barboursville) if you have any questions about brushing and flossing your teeth while wearing braces.